Here are some facts that show how social media is making big impact on small businesses.
- Constant Contact reported that 49% of small businesses have found social media marketing effective for their businesses.
- According to Socialmediatoday, 44% of small business decision makers are using social media websites to extract information of other businesses.
- 73% of small businesses were using social media in 2012 according to mediabistro.
- eMarketer reported that 24% of small businesses have integrated social media in a structured way into their business.
- Facebook is leading among all the social websites with 82% of small businesses registered; it is followed by YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn with 73%, 47% and 47% respectively. (Source: Mediabistro).
- 80% of small businesses use social media websites for monitoring and collecting information about competitors to their businesses (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- Lead-to-close rate is 100% on social media than traditional marketing methods (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- 80% of customers on social networks prefer to connect themselves to brands through Facebook (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- 53% of small businesses use social media as an engagement tool for providing 2-way conversation customer support (Source: Socialmediatoday).
- It might also be surprising to know that 86% of social referrals are done by Facebook, while 11% and 3% are done by Pinterest and Twitter respectively (Source: Socialmediatoday).